Author to speak on 'Scoundrels Who Made America Great'
The characters portrayed in this book include:
- Wehner Von Braun, who engineered the German V-2 rockets that terrorized
London during WWII and is considered by many to be the "father of the American space program,"
- Anne Hutchinson, the Puritan "Jezebel" who set the mold for modern feminism,
- Benedict Arnold, America's most notorious traitor who saved the American
- John Brown, the violent abolitionist who gave his life to end slavery,
- Iva Toguri, the infamous "Tokyo Rose" of World War II who risked her life to smuggle food and medicine to American prisoners of war; and
- Clarence Gideon, a four-time felon who challenged the Supreme Court and changed the Constitution.
Henley, a professor emeritus at Westfield State University, lives in Westfield, Massachusetts with his partner, Patricia Montagna. "Scoundrels Who Made America Great" is his first history book. He is currently researching and writing a new book: "Champlain - The Lake that Shaped a Nation."
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.