Road work in Bennington
- Please be advised Dewey Street will be open to through traffic between Monument Avenue and Blackberry Lane only, however lane restrictions will be necessary. A private contractor will be cleaning up construction debris and finishing sidewalk work in this section.
- Berard Street will remain closed. Highway crews continue road upgrades. Please use Phyllis Lane or an alternate route.
- Division Street remains closed to through traffic all week. Local traffic will be accommodated. Water crews continue replacing valves in preparation for paving. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please find an alternate route.
- Imperial Avenue remains closed 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. to through traffic. Local traffic will be accommodated.
- Highway and sewer crews continue working on Imperial Avenue rebuilding manholes and storm drains in preparation for paving this summer. Please find an alternate route. Men and equipment will be in the roadway. Please use caution.
- Jefferson Avenue, Jefferson Heights, Stonehedge Drive, Greenview Drive: A Private Contractor will continue paving all of the above-mentioned areas. Weather conditions forced this work to carry over. Lane restrictions will be in place.
- North Branch Street: Will be closed Tuesday between Chapel Road and Catamount Mobile Home Park from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. for private contractor work. Local traffic will be accommodated.
- North Branch Street: On Wednesday the same private contractor will require only lane restrictions on North Branch Street between Chapel Road and Catamount MHP (same area) from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please use caution when approaching as men and equipment may be in the roadway.
- Park Street: Highway crews will begin storm drainage work between Scott Street and Gage Street. This will require lane restrictions and some road closures. Local traffic will be accommodated. Please use caution when approaching as men and equipment will be in the roadway.
- Townwide work: Roadside mowing, tree trimming and weeding also will continue in numerous areas in Bennington. Please use caution when approaching these areas and leave plenty of room for the tractor and men or equipment on side of the road.
Reminder: Please do not rake or blow grass and/or leaves into town streets or highways as these clogs storm drains and creates flooding and driving hazards for the entire community. Residents and contractors, please make sure all loads are covered when taking leaves and or brush to the transfer station.
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.