Vermont big game reporting stations
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department keeps an updated list of big game reporting stations on their website (www.vtfishandwildlife.com) with a map showing their locations. Here is a direct link to the map and list: http://tinyurl.com/hf7dd73 .
"Bringing your deer, bear or turkey to a reporting station is greatly appreciated because it enables us to collect important information on where and how many of them are taken during hunting seasons," said Mark Scott, Vermont Fish & Wildlife's director of wildlife, "and it also provides the opportunity to gather biological data at some of the locations during youth deer weekend and opening weekend of the November deer season."
Below are the local reporting stations along with local game warden contact information.
- Sgt. Travis Buttle, Shaftsbury - 442-4383
- Lt. Greg Eckhardt, Landgrove - 824-5785
- Cody Jackman, Dorset - 867-7012
- Brendan Reilly, 518-682- 7085
- Bennington Fish Culture Station, Bennington - 447-2844
- Gun Supply of Vermont, Bondville - 375-5183
- H N Williams Store, Dorset - 867-5353
- JJ Hapgood, Peru - 824-4800
- Lost Target Shooting Supplies, Bennington - 442-8953
- Manchester Town Clerk, Manchester Center - 362-1315
- Marty's Sports & Gunsmithing, Inc., Bennington - 442-8826
- Shermans Store, West Rupert - 394-7820
- Stamford Town Clerk, Stamford - 694-1361
- Tiff'ss Trading Post, Woodford - 753-7941
TALK TO US
If you'd like to leave a comment (or a tip or a question) about this story with the editors, please email us. We also welcome letters to the editor for publication; you can do that by filling out our letters form and submitting it to the newsroom.